Unable to edit usernames for servers

Unable to edit usernames for servers  

By: Nutler on Oct. 14, 2017, 7:14 p.m.

Hi!

I registered without providing an username for KGS, and am unable to edit it now. I can change OGS username without a problem. So, either KGS username editing is missing altogether from the page, or it's behind a simple check along the lines of "if kgsUsername { showInput }".

With best regards and plenty of appreciation towards the whole team and community,

Nutter

Re: Unable to edit usernames for servers  

By: Nutler on Oct. 14, 2017, 7:53 p.m.

I started to go through the code, set up a local environment and am currently working on the fix. :)

By: Nutler on Oct. 14, 2017, 8:55 p.m.

Created a pull request. Feel free to remove this thread if you so seem fit.

By: climu on Oct. 15, 2017, 7:30 a.m.

Hi !

Welcome in OSR and thanks for your appreciation.

On top of that, thanks a lot for your work on the website.

I must say I am impressed: In two hours, you had the website running locally, figure out where to fix and suggested a PR !

You make me want to code a 'like' button for our forum now :)

I merged your PR and add a comment in github with explanations and few todo so it's perfect. You can do it or I will, your call :)

We won't be deleting this thread. I like that users can be able to see how we work, how things are done.

You apparently are experienced with coding django and, if you feel like it, am looking forward to see if we can work on the website together :)

note: I added your kgs username in your profile and in your league players so you can start playing in KGS if you want.

Last edited by: climu on Oct. 15, 2017, 10:25 a.m., edited 3 times in total.