What kind of leagues do you want?

What kind of leagues do you want?  

By: climu on Feb. 5, 2018, 7:32 p.m.

Hi guys,

Lately our leagues have not been very active. We do believe that playing long serious games with different opponents and reviewing afterwards is a good way to improve your go. On top of that the little competitive thrill with prizes could add some fun and motivation to it.

Since it was becoming harder and harder to find league games, OSR team decided to try going with only one group for our monthly "ladder".

Since OSR is, before all, a community of go players, we would like to know what you like and don't like and would like about OSR leagues. If you have any ideas, suggestions, critics to help make it better, feel free to share.

Thanks!

Re: What kind of leagues do you want?  

By: Takez0 on March 29, 2018, 7:46 a.m.

Hi,

Two suggestions concerning the leagues:

1. Add a button permitting a person to leave a league. I see several people who are clearly not DDK level but have joined the DDK League. If this was done by mistake, there seems to be no button available for these people to remove themselves from the league. It would not be necessary to actually remove the person's name and results from the league table, but just add a flag or symbol indicating that they are no longer active in the league.

2. When searching for an opponent for a league game: I think that it might be helpful if, on the OSR main page, it was more clearly stated where the people in the list of online opponents are to be found (i.e. are they online in the Discord channel, at OGS, at OSR or at KGS?). I'm not sure if this is possible for anything other than indicating who is currently online at OSR, but at least make it clear just where these people are online. 8-)

I realize that these suggestions do not suggest any new leagues, but they are intended to improve the "user friendliness" of the current leagues.

Thank you,

Takez0

I wish you enjoyable Go games,

-- Takez0

By: climu on March 30, 2018, 11:07 a.m.

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion!

1. That's a good idea. We will implement that.
  2. At the moment you can see that by moving your moose on one username. Maybe we could add filters to only show KGS/OGS/discord online users. Mind that we don't show OSR online status at all.

Thanks again for your input. It does help a lot to hear what users think/wants/needs!

enter image description here

Last edited by: climu on March 30, 2018, 11:08 a.m., edited 3 times in total.

By: Takez0 on March 30, 2018, 3:46 p.m.

Thank you very much, climu!

For point #1 (Button to leave a league) I think that would be good to have.

For point #2: I never noticed the green balls until I saw your screen shot! Sorry.

Thanks for the speedy reply, too.

-- Takez0

-- Takez0