Bonjour From Belgium

Bonjour From Belgium  

By: TelRip on March 4, 2019, 5:01 p.m.

Hi everyone,

I am Pierre, from Belgium. I am playing go since november 2018, with the hope of developing my skills by each game I play. In the end, I would like to reach a level where I could know enough go to be a good go teacher to my young daughter.

My style of play is very "sticky" for now: even if I try to read good books about strategy, I feel that my game is still focused on killing opponent's groups, and I am always amazed by how light and delicate (yet well-balanced) pro games are, while mine is merely thick. (see https://online-go.com/game/16844146 for example - I am playing white) My goal is to change that style for something more effcient. If you've been through this, I would be very happy to receive your advices...

Re: Bonjour From Belgium  

By: alemitrani on March 4, 2019, 10:27 p.m.

Hello and welcome, Pierre. It is good to hear that you are trying to improve each time you play - that way even when you lose the experience can be positive. I hope you enjoy your time at OSR and I look forward to playing Go with you sometime.

By: korni on March 4, 2019, 10:38 p.m.

Welcome Pierre! :)

One motto that comes to my head reading what you said: "You never lose. You either win or learn." ;)

Hope to play with you in the DDK league.

By: TelRip on March 5, 2019, 1:24 p.m.

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your kind words. I also look forward to learn (or win :) ) with you in the future !

By: wilmerton on April 29, 2019, 3:53 p.m.

Hey - from Belgium too here :-)

By: Lodiet on April 29, 2019, 8:13 p.m.

Wellcome :-)

I am also from Belgium (Brussels)

We are starting to overflown the OSR :P