Hello from the Netherlands

Hello from the Netherlands  

By: mahershalal on April 8, 2019, 10:43 a.m.

Hi everyone,

I'm Leo from the Hague NL. I haven't played Go for about fourteen years (!), and about a month ago decided to start playing again. It's my ambition to study much more seriously than last time and maybe manage to become a SDK in about a year.

I've been paying on OGS as mahershalal, and I'm hoping to ask for reviews on OSR because that seems a good way to improve. Also, I'm really interested in the possibility of finding a teacher through OSR, but I'm not sure how that would work.

Cheers!

Re: Hello from the Netherlands  

By: korni on April 8, 2019, 8:31 p.m.

Welcome mahershalal to OSR! I really like your ambition and I hope this community can help you achieve it while having fun. ;)

We mostly use our Discord, so feel free to pop in and say hello there. You will be able to find a lot of people to play games with and review. You can also ask for teaching game from stronger players which they will be happy to provide. Sometimes, game activity may be low, so don't get detered if you don't get an instant response. Just ask again! ;)

With regard to finding a teacher, you can see our teachers webpage here if you would like for more structured teaching with some tuition fees. This page contains a number of teachers with varying strength, who have helped OSR in one way or another. Just note that these are external to OSR so we ask users that they make contact with them directly. :)

But don't forget to have fun while being in OSR! And if you have any more questions, just fire away!!!

Re: Hello from the Netherlands  

By: mahershalal on April 10, 2019, 9:02 a.m.

Thanks for your reply! I'll definitely look for teaching games and reviews on discord.

cheers!