Hello Go - Enthusiasts

Hello Go - Enthusiasts  

By: PillAchill on Dec. 2, 2022, 12:43 p.m.

Hi there, it's been quite a while since someone introduced themselves.

Well, here I am.

René is my name, 43 years of age, from Germany - living an a small village 1 hour drive near Hamburg or Schwerin.

I first came across the game of Go during my studies with my Japanese Teacher being a amateur Dan player at that time (2000-2005). But as Life moves on, priorities change and I lost interest... or let's say.. other things required more focus.

This year I am at parental leave/ father's leave and found a beginners introduction book of Go (9x9 board) in one of the many boxes which constantly moved with me without being unpacked due to lack of time.

So I got hooked up again and was quite surprised of the many digital/ remote possibilities to play and study Go - websites and apps.

I quickly remembered the basic rules and started playing on DGS, OGS and KGS, but mainly on OGS due to the nice mix of live and correspondence games you can play.

I also found a nice local Go club I visit at least twice a month - it's quite different to play someone offline. Suddenly some psychological aspects of the game come into play. I am looking forward to my first offline tournament in 2023.

Looking forward to be playing with you and learning something. Have a nice day and wonderful upcoming holidays.

Best regards, René

Re: Hello Go - Enthusiasts  

By: fledermaus on Dec. 2, 2022, 9:26 p.m.

Heya René,

I know that region of Germany a little, I lived in Lüneburg and visited Schwerin several times - I like that region a lot. ^^

Cheers, and welcome again to the OSR,

Fledermaus

fledermaus#7419 on Discord aka 𝕯𝖚𝖒𝖕𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖋 𝕯𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt. Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-5

围棋十决 1 贪不得胜 2 入界宜缓 3 攻彼顾我 4 弃子争先 5 舍小就大 6 逢危须弃 7 慎勿轻速 8 动须相应 9 彼强自保 10 势孤取和