Thick play would beneficiate from some advice (19k on OGS)

Thick play would beneficiate from some advice (19k on OGS)  

By: TelRip on March 4, 2019, 5:08 p.m.

Hi,

I would be very happy if someone would review my game: https://online-go.com/game/16844146 (playing as white).

My "style" of play is very thick and focused on developing huge groups, and killing opponent's ones. I would like to change it for something more strategic, more "light", more efficient against stronger players. If you could point some obvious mistakes (or missed opportunities due to my thick play) I made during that game, I would be very happy. More over, if you could comment on "how to think" during a game, that would be also awesome.

Thanks in advance !

Re: Thick play would beneficiate from some advice (19k on OGS)  

By: korni on March 4, 2019, 10:58 p.m.

I've added some simple comments of what my tired brain could think of. :P Mind you, my level is not all that great . But I would be happy to play with you a game and discuss it in more detail and answer closer to your questions.

Re: Thick play would beneficiate from some advice (19k on OGS)  

By: TelRip on March 5, 2019, 1:22 p.m.

Hi Korni,

Thanks so much for your review ! Your suggestions, even made by a tired-brain, are easy to understand and directly useful for a DDK like me. Will certainly try to follow then in my next games. I also welcome your idea of a learning game in the future: I will reactivate my Discord account so we can arrange this.

Thank you !