Suggestion for Meijin: Master league for all OSR league games games.

Suggestion for Meijin: Master league for all OSR league games games.  

By: okiol on May 1, 2017, 4:23 p.m.

Suggestion: Every game between two OSR players in the room with the #osr tag is a Meijin game as well as whatever league game there might be.

No complication with what league it's playing in, no argumentation about should we play this league or that league, no complication with the tags, no complication about joining another separate league, since everybody gets automatically signed up for it. (And kicked out, if they're too inactive to maintain a position in the ladder system.)

If it's a game against someone else in the same league, it's doubly worth, since it gives points for two leagues at the same time. But anyone can also play anyone in the OSR system if they want. Players can of course still choose to only play in their ladder league, just like the current Meijin league.

Last edited by: okiol on May 1, 2017, 4:24 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

Re: Suggestion for Meijin: Master league for all OSR league games games.  

By: climu on May 2, 2017, 5:52 a.m.

Thanks for suggesting this interesting idea okiol.

As I told you in kgs, this would require some small code change. Nothing hard, but I fear it won't be in urgent todo list for now.

I designed our league software to handle event seperatly having in mind that we could host events on other Go server or even tournaments.

I don't really have an opinion about weather it's best or not. I would like to hear our beloved members thoughts on that.

By: Shisu on May 10, 2017, 4:57 p.m.

I think this idea sounds interesting. And the thing about the "in which league should we play?" is a really good point! This would make everything a little less confusing (well it isn't yet either but simple in any way is most of the time better i guess). I would suggest a poll, to determine what we (the OSR-Member) think about it?

By: climu on May 15, 2017, 10:23 a.m.

The more I think about your idea, the more I find it interesting.

As I said it won't be soon we implement that because there are more urgent coding work I believe.

I suggest we see how things works with this new Meijin league for a couple of month and code a few things in the meantime.

By then we will have better idea of our league structure with double league and we will start a poll.